A Taiping guy personal rants and Malaysia Food blog
I have been eating Pan Mee in Bao Bao Pan Mee Restaurant for quite many times, I have yet to take some photos for the food because I had no digital camera in the past. The previous time I wrote a review for this restaurant because I got featured in the 8TV Ho Chak!, we were so shock to see them there while we stepped in the restaurant, it was a good memory.
The Bao Bao Pan Mee Restaurant is managed by a few youngsters, they have an outlet in Cheras too. With the slogan of ‘Same Pan Mee, but different style“, it attracts lots of pan mee lover to try all their different style of pan mee. Not to mention too much about the restaurant since I have stated it in my previous post, we just go on the photos and food reviews.
* Pan Mee Soup – My girlfriend used to eat it everytimes we dined over there. The soup is luscious, I like the soup. The Pan Mee soup consists of Q-Pan Mee vegetable, 2 meat balls and special crunchy fried fish crumbs. Without the crunchy fried fish crumbs, the pan mee is just nothing for me.
* Dry Pan Mee – I used to eat Dry Pan Mee, the taste is really good! Especially with the crunchy fried fish crumbs, I love it so much. Dry Pan Mee consists of Q-Pan Mee, vegetables, 2 meat balls, Char Siew and crunchy fried fish crumbs. It has a awesome combination.
* Crunchy Fried Fish Crumbs – Since it’s so delicious to be eaten, of course we have to order a small bowl of it. It’s crispy but sometimes it’s not if you’re unlucky. Usually we mix it into our Pan Mee if we have finished the crunchy fried fish crumbs in our bowl. Mix it and enjoy it.
* Chili Sauce – They have 4 types of own made Chili sauce which are sambal, little sourish(The spiciest sauce), 2 types of cili padi (one is normal and another one is mixing with soy sauce).
* Sambal – I used to take this sambal sauce and mix it with some soy sauce. I can’t eat the pan mee without this, I like it so much.
* Ice Honey Lemon – We used to drink it, this is the famous drinks in Bao Bao Pan Mee Restaurant. They have changed the glass and look nicer. A nice and recommended drinks!
* They have 4 styles of ingredients for pan mee and 3 types of noodles.
4 styles of ingredients : Traditional Soup (Dried meat floss, ikan bilis, vegetables and mushroom), Special Dry (Crunchy Fried Fish Crumbs, Char Siew, Meat Ball and Begetable), Special Soup (Crunchy Fried Fish Crumbs, Char Siew, Meat Ball and Begetable) and Spicy Garlic Pan Mee (Dried Meat Floss, Meat Ball, Garlic and Crunchy Fried Fish Crumbs).
3 types of noodles : Thin noodles, thick noodles and twist noodles.
The price for the pan mee is quite reasonable, which is RM5.50 for a large bowl and RM4.80 for a small bowl. The crispy crunchy fried fish crumbs just cost RM3.00 for a bowl. Honey lemon cost RM3.00 for a glass. The price is quite reasonable, it’s recommended.
TOTAL : RM18.60 for 2 persons
J-G-15, Jalan PJU 1/43,
47301, Petaling Jaya,
Business Hour : Daily 10.30am to 9.00pm
Website : http://www.baobaorestaurant.com/
Ho Chak! : View Video!
View the map in Google Map.
View Larger Map