A Taiping guy personal rants and Malaysia Food blog
Chinese New Year is coming soon which is starting from next Sunday, I have seen many Shopping Complex are starting to decorate their building with Chinese New Year Themes. My friend and I had been going to educational fare that held in KLCC last Sunday, we had past by the lobby and seen the Chinese New Year Themes in KLCC. It was gorgeous and we can’t waited to snap some photos for it.
Chinese Near Year Themes in KLCC
* There is a big word of “FU” in mandarin, not rude word okay?! We call it “Fook” in cantonese and it represents “good fortune“, “blessing” and “happiness“. There is a big word of “HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR” too!
After we had finished the investigation in the education fare, we approached to Lowyat Plaza because my friend wan to claim warranty for his handphone charger. We did pass by Sungei Wang before we can reached Lowyat Plaza, there was another Chinese New Year Themes in Sungei Wang. It looked traditional and seems great! If I was not mistaken, the decoration had been done and sponsored by DIGI because you can see the lantern is hanging the DIGI tablet.
Chinese Near Year Themes in Sungei Wang
* That’s a Gold Cow pulling the gold, because 2009 is a Cow Year, so it represents that all of us will be getting rich in Year 2009!
* This is the paddy field, there is a scarecrow with white t-shirt. There is a wakaf and some paddy in the baskets. It represents that all of our tummy will be full all the time in Year 2009! All must be in RED!
* There was a Acrobatics Show insides the Sungei Wang complex too!
After my friend had settled his matter, we went back to PJ by Monorail, so we did pass by Berjaya Time Square too. There was another Chinese New Year Themes too. It was not as grand as KLCC and Sungei Wang, but there had a feel of Chinese New Year too!
Chinese Near Year Themes in Berjaya Time Square
* The Gold Lion is the mascot for Chinese and it brings luck to all of us!
* My friend told me that the Gold Dragon Ball has its’ meaning, but I forgot what was it already.
I have yet to visit One-Utama to see their Chinese New Year Themes, but I will go to Mid Valley this Sunday for another education fare. So, I will snap some photos over there! I’m looking for Chinese New Year Food Cuisine right now, but I’m sure I will get a lot when I back to hometown next week, definitely I’ll share it with you guys!
So, did your house or blog been decorated with Chinese New Year Themes already? Do you have any Chinese New Year Food Cuisine to share with me too?
[Chinese New Year Themes Part-Two – Mid Valley and One-Utama]